for children forever Endowment Campaign Declares Victory!
On behalf of River Oaks Baptist School, I am thrilled to announce that the for children forever
Endowment Campaign has made and surpassed its $20 million goal, raising $20,167,718 by December 31, 2012, and $20,383,634 in total to date. We are extremely grateful for the generous support of our community, both spiritual and financial, that has been overflowing since the beginning of this campaign. Here are a few of the highlights that have made the for children forever campaign extraordinary:
- The campaign has broken all previous records for R.O.B.S. fundraising campaigns.
- To date, 59 donors have established named funds or endowments at the leadership level of $100,000 and above.
- Of 388 donors to the campaign, 132 contributed $25,000 or more to join The Hightower Society, and 256 additional donors supported the campaign as well.
- A $4.25 million gift from an anonymous donor was received—the single largest gift in the history of the School. This gift funds in perpetuity two learning specialist positions that benefit so many R.O.B.S. students and their parents.
- The campaign is the largest endowment-only campaign among all HAIS schools.
- The campaign was brought to a successful finale thanks to the generosity of past parent, former School Board member, and long-time friend of the School Terry Huffington, who offered a challenge grant of $500,000 from the Huffington Foundation, bringing its total gift to $1,000,000. The challenge paved the way for more than 80 additional gifts totaling over $1 million in the final weeks of the year.
We extend our thanks to each and every one of you for your strong support of the for children forever Endowment Campaign. Special thanks to Steve Mach, who has led the campaign with tireless devotion for the last three years. Thanks as well to the leaders who served as members of the Honorary Committee, Steering Committee, and Campaign Captains. Your support was instrumental to this stunning success. Last but not least, we wish to express our thanks and admiration to Dr. Nancy Hightower, who graciously agreed to serve as honoree of this campaign. It is a fitting tribute to Dr. Hightower that we have secured a strong endowment in her name as the final piece of her legacy. With thanks to all of you, the future of River Oaks Baptist School is very bright.
Leanne B. Reynolds
Head of School
Associate Head of School
713-623-6938, ext. 205
Director of Development
713-623-6938, ext. 307